Saturday 7 June 2014

DIY Art : How To Make A Collage

Hey guys recently I've been feeling in an artsy mood and I decided to create an art page where I tell you how to make stuff. All of the stuff on there will also be posts as well but on the page you can see everything together.

Last week after watching some youtube videos I got the idea to make a collage for my bed room and I'm going to teach you how to make one too.

Things You Will Need:

  • Paper
  • A computer
  • A colour printer 
  • A shoebox( or thick card)
  • Scissors 
  • Glue

1. The first thing you want to do is decide on what pictures you want. I did this by looking at google images and screen shooting any nice pictures I saw. Your collage can be of pictures that reflect you and who you are or random pictures that you like the look of. For example my friend really LOVES anime and so she's going to make an anime collage.

DIY Art : How To Make A Collage  

Also for now you can just get get whatever pictures you want and you can sort through them later and pick the ones you definitely want to use. You should make sure that you have enough pictures to cover the shoebox you are going to you. To add after you pick which pictures you want, put them on a word document and print them out.

2. Get an a shoebox (it can be any size depending on how big you want your collage to be). You can also cut it up if it's too big or turn it into different shapes. Then open out the flaps and lay it flat. Next you want to get some duck tape and to stick the flaps together. After this get some paper and glue it to the inside of the shoebox.

DIYArt: How To Make A Collage  





DIY Art: How To Make A Collage
Collag


3. Now that you have the canvas for yourc ollage you should cut out the pictures. In addition you should position the pictures before you stick them on so that you don't make any mistakes. Also make sure to cut the pictures into shapes and overlap them. As square or rectangle pictures don't look like a collage.

4.Finally stick all the pictures down then get come glue and wipe it over the collage (using a painting brush or just tissues if you don't have one). You do this to give the pictures a shiny look and to help them stay glued down. It also increases the strength of the collage and helps it become more sturdy.

5. Put it up on your wall and admire your artwork. Here is my finished project that I made today.

DIY Art: How To Make A Collage 


I hope you guys enjoyed this post even though it's different from the usual subjects of my posts. Comment down below if you want me to do more posts like this. Stay amazing x

Why don't you take one quick second out of your day to follow me on Twitter @TheFirstLetterA and like my Facebook page First Letter A. Feel free to leave any comments and suggestions and I hope to see you there soon

No comments:

Post a Comment