Monday 19 May 2014

How To Face Your Fears

Everyone has something they're afraid of, even the toughest person in the world. Some people just choose not to show that it affects them and others let their fears affect and take over their lives. Your fears may never be completely gone but I'm gonna to tell you how to deal with them.

Identify What You're Afraid Of- You need to know what you're afraid of in order to deal with it. I for example am afraid of spiders and heights. Now I've identified this is what I'm scared of it can help put it in perspective.

Move On To Stage Two- The first stage that many people are in is denial. Maybe they have a tough person image or maybe they think that they are above having fears. Regardless of this if you don't acknowledge that you have a fear then you will never be able to deal with it. Being in denial will not help, it will only keep you from facing your fears and moving on.

Put It Into Perspective- Think about what fear you have and the actual danger that it could cause you. A clown for example won't cause you as much damage as say a shark. Now this isn't to belittle your fears as everyone has a reason for it. But hopefully this can help you see that there is no reason to be afraid of some things.

Throw Yourself In The Deep End- One way to get over your fears is to face them head on. This move is not for everyone and I think even I would struggle at times with this one. Whatever your fear is put your self in a situation where your fear could occur. By facing it head on you take the fear out of it and this can help you deal with. At first you may be very afraid but as you keep at it the fear will shrink and shrink till it's no longer there.

I for one don't think that we should let fear rule our lives. It's something that affects a lot of people and it shouldn't. Hopefully this will help you to overcome your fears and I hope you enjoyed this x.

Why don't you take one quick second out of your day to follow me on Twitter @TheFirstLetterA and like my Facebook page First Letter A. Feel free to leave any comments and suggestions and I hope to see you there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment