YouTube has become a big thing recently. A lot of people have been trying to break into the YouTube business. As a lover of YouTube and from watching videos by both up coming and more established YouTubers these are my tips to anyone who is thinking of starting a channel. It is quite hard to become popular on YouTube but these are some tips to help you get started. If your not sure whether or not becoming a youtuber is for you then this could also help as it tells you what you need to do to be successful at it.
1. Ask your parents- some parents might not want you to start a channel so it's important for you to ask their permission. You wouldn't want to start growing your subscribers and then have your parents tell you to delete it. Even if you think your parents would be okay with it always ask them first just to be safe.
2. Decide what you want your channel name to be- this is important because if you get popular you will be stuck with it, but don't spend too much time thinking up the perfect name and if you really can't think of anything just use your actual name.
3. Think about what you want to do on your channel- do you want to sketch videos, pranks, vlogs etc. You can do a variety of things on your channel but you need to decide what will be your main focus.
4. Decide what day you are going to upload- consistency is key if you want to keep subscribers and a regular timetable will help your channel seem more professional.
5. Learn how to edit- you will need this to make your videos look more professional and this well help you to create better quality videos.
6. Get a camera- if you are serious about your channel buy a camera, it doesn't have to be an expensive one at the start but it will give you a better quality than if you use a laptop.
7. Tell your friends- if you are brave enough tell people, it will help your videos to get more views at the start and videos with more views are more likely to be seen by other people.
8. Have patience - it can take a long time to build up your number of subscribers, most of the successful YouTubers didn't get there subscribers overnight so be willing to work hard.
9. Have a good motive- if you are just starting a channel in hopes of getting rich off YouTube this will show in your videos, make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.
10. Make some videos in advance- this is in case you can't film one day for some reason, this means you'll still be able to upload and when you know you will be busier you won't have to worry that you won't have time to film.
11. Make social network profile's for your channel- this can help you to keep in touch with subscribers and bring in new subscribers.
These are just my opinions on how to start up a successful channel, however this won't work for everybody and plenty of YouTubers had to start new channels before they got the results they wanted. So don't feel bad if you have to start again, it will just make you better. Becoming a popular youtuber is harder than it looks but don't be discouraged if you work hard and follow these tips then you should be on your way. I hope you enjoyed this x. Take one quick sec to follow me on Twitter @TheFirstLetterA and like my Facebook page. Feel free to send in any comments and suggestions and I hope to see you there.