We all have or will have that one friend, who's a nice person and all but so incredibly annoying because they will not leave you alone. I know when you're good friends with someone that you want to be near them a lot. But this person takes it to a whole 'nother level. So here are the worst things about clingy people.
1. They get jealous easily- One of the main characteristics of a clingy person is that they always want to be around you and often they don't want anyone but them to be around you. Some people even go to the extent of trying to prevent other people from being friends with you just so they can have you all to themselves. Which is annoying because, just because they only want to have one friend doesn't mean that that's what you want as well. But when they start to talk bad about you to get other people not to like you then that's a red alert and you know it's time to cut the strings.
2. They always want to know what you're doing- This person is worse than a parent when it comes to asking where you are and what you're doing. They mostly do this because they want to be there with you but for some reason they can't, so instead they feel it's necessary to bombard your phone with messages. Which can really get in the way of you having a good time because you have to reply within 30 seconds of getting the message or else they'll think you're trying to ignore them.
3. They may as well be babies- Often a clingy person is also that immature person who doesn't know how to do anything for themselves. So therefore relies on you to do everything for them. It's as if they think that you don't have anything of your own to deal with and that you somehow enjoy babysitting them 24/7. Just to make sure they're not doing something stupid. In a way they are more annoying than a baby because at least a baby learns how to be self dependant whereas this person has no plans to do that anytime soon.
4. They are nice people- More often than not clingy people are nice but they just haven't discovered how to stand on their own two feet yet. This just makes the situation all the more conflicting because when you snap at them for being annoying you then feel guilty because they are so nice. Also this means you're likely to spend more time than you want with this person because they are so hard to say no to.
5. They are like leeches- Clingy people are like leeches because they suck all of the energy out of you. You focus so much time and attention on them that often you don't leave time for yourself. Which is a sign of a bad friendship because essentially you're getting nothing out of it. However one effective way of getting rid of leeches is to pour salt on them. So why not try this and see if they let go. At the very least they will either be angry or very confused at what you've just done.
That's my list of the five annoying things about clingy people. Why not leave a comment telling me about your experiences with clingy people and how you dealed with it.